Social impact and corporate citizenship among notable company efforts
LA VEGAS, June 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Wynn Resorts (Nasdaq: WYNN) has been named a 2022 winner on The Civic 50 list by Points of Light, the world’s largest nonprofit dedicated to accelerating people-powered change. Over the past few years, Wynn Resorts has continued to adapt its community outreach efforts in sophisticated and creative ways, filling the operational gaps of nonprofit organizations, social services, and civic institutions, among other entities.
“A guiding principle at Wynn Resorts is ‘to care about everyone and everything,’ a promise we pride ourselves on fulfilling every day in a way that extends far beyond our resort walls,” said Billings Craig, CEO of Wynn Resorts. “I am extremely proud of all of our employees who are service-oriented, both at work and in their communities, and who are dedicated to making the world a better place.”
Highlights of the 2021 social impact work for which Wynn Resorts is recognized include:
- Wynn Resorts has collectively donated more than $20 million in funds and in-kind donations to community organizationswhich includes supporting nonprofit organizations with missions that serve mental health programs, food insecurities, art, education, special needs, and prevention of human trafficking.
- Cumulatively, employees of North America voluntarily more than 14,000 hours of time, spread across an average of 10 events per month and supported by the company’s “Dollars-for-Doers” initiative, a program that translates furloughed employee volunteer hours into cash grants for local nonprofits . In 2021, the Company’s dollar-for-dollar match for individual employee donations through the Foundation was increased to $75,000 per employee.
- Employees in North America contributed more $620,000 to the Wynn Employee Foundation. In addition to the Society’s matching contributions, these donations have helped fund organizations that support veterans, at-risk youth, human trafficking prevention, STEM, higher education, art, environmental causes, diversity and inclusion.
- Wynn Las Vegas employees prepared more than 330,000 meals for food-insecure community members on behalf of Three Square Food Bank. Three Square is Southern Nevada only food bank and largest hunger relief organization in the region.
- An extension of Giving Tuesday, Wynn Resort’s annual “Giving Week” collected during $57,000 in Nevada alone, through week-long volunteering and fundraising initiatives. These efforts have spanned a variety of departments including food and beverage, golf and more to support Catholic charities in Southern Nevadaamong other community partners.
The Civic 50 list includes companies with annual sales of at least $1 billionand who qualify based on a third-party assessment of their social impact programs, measured against a national standard.
For 10 years, The Civic 50 has provided a national standard for corporate citizenship and shown how
companies can use their time, skills and resources to generate social impact in their communities and their business. To learn more about The Civic 50 and the full list of 2022 winners, please visit www.Civic50.org. To learn more about Wynn Resorts, please visit www.WynnResorts.com.
About Wynn Hotels
Wynn Resorts, Limited trades on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol WYNN and is a constituent of the S&P 500 Index. Wynn Resorts owns and operates Wynn Las Vegas (wynnlasvegas.com), Encore Boston Harbor (encorebostonharbor.com), Wynn Macau (wynnmacau.com) and Wynn Palace, Cotai (wynnpalace.com).
Wynn and Encore Las Vegas feature two luxury hotel towers with a total of 4,748 spacious hotel rooms, suites and villas, approximately 194,000 square feet of casino space, 21 dining experiences featuring renowned chefs and 11 bars, two award-winning spas, approximately 513,000 rentable square feet of meeting and convention space, approximately 155,000 square feet of retail space as well as two theaters, two nightclubs, a beach club and recreation and recreational facilities including the Wynn Golf Club, an 18-hole, 128-acre championship golf course.
Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury resort destination featuring a 211,000 square foot casino, 671 hotel rooms, an ultra-premium spa, specialty retail, 16 restaurants and lounges, and approximately 71,000 square feet of ballroom and state-of-the-art meeting room. the spaces. Located on the waterfront along the Mystic River at Everett, MA, the resort has created a six-acre public park and Harborwalk along the shore. It is the largest single-phase private development in the history of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Wynn Macau is a luxury hotel and casino located in the Macau Special Administrative Region. the People’s Republic of China featuring two luxury hotel towers with a total of 1,010 spacious guest rooms and suites, approximately 252,000 square feet of casino space, 14 food and beverage outlets, approximately 31,000 square feet of meeting space and conventions, approximately 59,000 square feet of retail space, and recreation and leisure facilities including two opulent spas, a salon, and a show rotunda.
Wynn Palace is a luxury resort integrated into Macau. Designed as a floral-themed destination, it features 1,706 exquisite guest rooms, suites and villas, approximately 424,000 square feet of casino space, 14 food and beverage outlets, approximately 37,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, approximately 107,000 square feet of designer shopping, SkyCabs that cross an eight-acre Performance Lake, an extensive collection of rare art, a lush spa, salon and recreation facilities and Recreation.
Jordan MassanariWynn Las Vegas
SOURCE Wynn Resorts