Accor has named a new CEO for the Pacific, the IHG Owners Association introduced its new board of directors and Menin has a new personnel manager.
Accor appoints Pacific CEO
Accor has appointed Sarah Derry as CEO Accor Pacific, effective February 1.
She is currently SVP, Talent and Culture and joined Accor in 2017 after successfully owning and operating her own business for over 10 years. With nearly 30 years of hospitality experience with international hotel companies and excelling early in her career in operations, she brings with her tremendous experience, not only in talent and culture, but also in business. , in strategy and in development, according to the company.
In her new role, she will continue Accor’s growth trajectory in the Pacific, develop the Accor brands, its loyalty network and bring together talent from the region.
“I am delighted to welcome Sarah to the Accor Executive Committee as the new CEO of Accor Pacific,” said Sébastien Bazin, Chairman and CEO of Accor regarding Derry’s appointment. “She not only brings a wealth of experience to this role, but also a unique understanding of Accor’s values and culture. His strategic expertise, acquired over an impressive career in the hospitality industry, will no doubt prove invaluable as our growth in the region continues.
He continued: “Personally, I would like to thank Simon McGrath for his absolute professionalism, dedication and commitment to Accor over the past 15 years. He was unwavering in his commitment to the team and our business, and grew Accor into the largest hotel operator in the Pacific, growing from 120 hotels to over 400. He introduced new brands to the market including Pullman , Movenpick, Sofitel SO and ibis Styles and successfully led the acquisitions of Mirvac Hotels & Resorts and Mantra. His expertise in creating and managing partnerships in sports, entertainment and lifestyle is second to none. We wish him all the best in his next chapter.
Derry added: “I am incredibly proud, humbled and thrilled to lead the Accor team in the Pacific as we witness the industry’s transition from recovery to growth. Delivering memorable, world-class experiences to our guests and loyal members while taking our teams on the road will remain a priority and I look forward to working closely with our owners, partners and industry colleagues.
IHG Owners Association appoints 2022 Board of Directors
The IHG Owners Association, which represents owners of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) franchise hotels worldwide, has named its 2022 Global Board of Directors. Norman (Norm) Leslie has assumed the chair for 2022.
Leslie is President of National Hospitality Services and one of the founders of Legendary Capital, both based in Fargo, ND, and brings more than 30 years of hospitality experience and expertise to the board. , development, finance, acquisitions, deal structure and project negotiations, among other areas. He succeeds Wayne West III, President/Partner of Newport Hospitality Group, who served as President for the past two years during one of the toughest times in the industry.
Leslie began his hospitality career at a budget hotel where he rose through the ranks, rising from washing dishes in the establishment’s restaurant to becoming general manager. He began development of his first hotel in 1991 and has since grown that portfolio to nearly 50 properties. In 2001, Leslie founded National Hospitality Services, which today operates 36 hotels across the United States under a variety of brand flags.
Other members of the 2022 Global Board of Directors:
- President-elect and full member of AMER: Navroz Saju, President/CEO, HDG Hotels
- Treasurer & member of AMER in the broad sense: Nellie Dhanji, Vice President, Operations/Counsel, Stanley Park Investments Ltd.
- Secretary & member of AMER at large: Mark Zipperer, President and CEO, Pride Hospitality LLC
- Outgoing President Advisor: Wayne West III, President/Partner, Newport Hospitality Group
- Representative of the outgoing president: Kurt Furlong, Chief Revenue Officer/Partner, Genuine Hospitality LLC
- CEO, IHG Owners Association: John Muehlbauer
- European Regional Representative: Sean Lowe, CEO, Atlas Hotels
- MEAA Regional Representative: Paul Salter, Managing Director, Salter Brothers Asset Management and CEO/Managing Director, Salter Brothers Hotel Group
- AMER member at large: Juan Carlos Alvarez, Partner, Operadora Alro
- AMER member at large: Asad Malik, President/CEO, Amerilodge Group
- AMER member at large: Euan McGlashan, Co-Founder/CEO, Valor Hospitality Partners
- AMER member at large: Perry Molubhoy, Founder/Chairman/CEO, Atlantic Hotels
- AMER member at large: Vijay Patel, President, A1 Hospitality
- AMER member at large: Juan Carlos Santos, CEO, BPO
- AMER member at large: David Wespiser, Founding Partner, Hotel Development Services LLC
- Wider Europe member: Nicola Taylor, CEO, Chardon Hotels
- IHG Representative: Elie Maalouf, CEO, IHG Americas
Menin adds Christine Langseth
Menin Hospitality has appointed Christine Langseth as Vice President of People.
In this role, she represents three Miami-based brands and will oversee the development and implementation of human resource strategies, systems and policies, plans and services, including recruitment, selection, legal compliance, benefits, compensation, employee relations, diversity equity and inclusion, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and events. She will oversee the HR strategy for GFO Investments, Bodega Taqueria y Tequila, which spans multiple locations in South Florida and all units of Menin Hospitality.
Langseth brings over 20 years of human resources experience to his new role. Throughout her professional career, she has held several senior human resource positions for major South Florida hotel properties, including 1 Hotels, The St. Regis Bal Harbor Resort, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott International, the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company and more. .
Most recently, she served as Human Resources Manager at Pura Vida Miami, where she applied her hospitality management and employee engagement skills to lead internal operations and expansion of the wellness-focused restaurant.