The lesson will focus on presenting, illustrating and discussing what exactly hospitality concepts are, how to design and implement them.
Each session will develop a specific aspect of concept design for
hotels and catering companies:
- Fundamentals: history, role and evolution of hotel and F&B concepts
- Strategy: conceptual framework of hospitality
- People: target segments and community development
- Creating Stories: Brand Story Canvas
- Space: zoning, customer flow, interior layout
- Services: offer and digitization
- Identity & Communication: visual identity, creative content, communication channels
What makes this course special?
- Insightful guest speakers who pioneered new hospitality concepts
- Opportunities to network with other attendees and guest speakers
- Variety of learning formats, including teamwork, workshops, and discussions with industry experts
- Course offered by EHL, ranked #1 in the 2020 QS World University Rankings for Hospitality and Leisure Management Universities
- All course material accessible through an online learning management system
Why take this course?
You should take this course if you want to:
- Learn how to design and develop a successful hospitality concept – from the strategic and creative level to day-to-day operations
- Discover how existing hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars and private clubs can be transformed with a strong concept
Who should be present?
This course is particularly designed for you if you are an entrepreneur or hold a management position in a hotel, private club, F&B group or hotel-related business with a minimum of 5 years experience. Typical participants are:
- Hospitality Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
- hotel managers
About the EHL Group
The EHL Group comprises a portfolio of specialist business units that deliver hotel management training and innovation around the world. Based in Lausanne, Switzerland, the Group includes:
EHL Hotelschool of Lausanne is an ambassador of traditional Swiss hospitality and has been a pioneer in hospitality education since 1893 with over 25,000 alumni worldwide and over 120 nationalities. EHL is the first hotel management school in the world to offer undergraduate and graduate programs on its campuses in Lausanne, Singapore and Chur-Passugg, as well as online learning solutions. The University of Applied Sciences is ranked No. 1 by QS World University Rankings by subject and CEOWorld Magazine, and its gourmet restaurant is the only educational institution in the world to hold a Michelin star for the third consecutive year.
EHL Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality has been a leading hospitality management college for hospitality specialists for over 50 years. The College awards Swiss-accredited Federal Vocational Training and Higher Education Diplomas at its 19th-century spa hotel in Chur-Passugg, Graubünden to Swiss and international students from 30 countries.
EHL Consulting Services is the largest Swiss hospitality consultancy specializing in the implementation of service culture, business consultancy, as well as the development and quality assurance of learning centers. EHL Advisory Services has offices in Lausanne, Beijing, Shanghai and New Delhi and has carried out mandates in more than 60 countries over the past 40 years.
Recruitment and Admissions Manager – Graduate Programs